OutRyder Code of Conduct
OutRyders is an all volunteer organization that depends on the support and cooperation of its members to provide an outstanding skiing/snowboarding experience. OutRyders strives to foster a fun and friendly atmosphere for its GLBT membership and to represent our community to others in a positive manner. When becoming a member of OutRyders all members are expected to comply with this code of conduct.
- Treat all other members, and mountain staff with dignity and respect.
- The OutRyders Board, and other volunteers, work on their own time without compensation to plan, organize and conduct the the on-mountain events and social activities enjoyed by our organization. They do their best to meet the expectations of all members, but they cannot guarentee that problems or mistakes will not occur. When that happens we expect our members to understand and act respectfully while a solution is sought.
- Volunteers are always welcome. Please speak to a Board member about how you may help the organization.
- The sport of skiing/snowboarding has inherent risks to you and to others. Behave in a responsible and safe manner. All members are expected to follow the rules and regulations of the venues where our events are held and to respect the authority of the ski patrol and other officials of these venues.
- Bring any issues, including problems with the resort or mountain to the attention of a board member or the on-mountain coordinator (if applicable).
Members who violate this code of conduct are subject to termination of their membership.